Order of Service
Call to Worship Dave Kooiker
Praise Songs Blessed Be Your Name
Jesus Messiah Lord I Need You
Message Evangelism in the Early Church
Preparing Song #324 When I Survey the Wondrous Cross
Parting Song #762 What a Day That Will Be
Today (July 1)
Worship Service – 9:30am
Fellowship Time – 10:45am
This Week (July 2-7)
Shetek High School Camp – July 2-7
TV Service – July 4, 6:00pm
(Local cable channel 12)
NO Summer Prayer – July 4
Men’s Breakfast – July 7, 8:00am
Next Week (July 8-14)
Worship Service – July 8, 9:30am
Fellowship Time – July 8, 10:45am
FRED Sr – July 8, 8:00pm
Shetek Freshmore Camp – July 9-14
Council of Elders – July 9, 7:00pm
Summer Prayer – July 11, 7:30pm
July 1 – Kevin & Judy De Kam
July 8 – Sandi Stump & Louise Meyer
Georgia Schubert – July 1
Brian Osterday – July 5
Camp Shetek This Week: Please pray for the students attending Camp Shetek this week: Luke Schriever, Courtney Pribyl, Liza Bosler, Jadon Poppinga, Allie Geerdes, Noelle McCarthy, Emma Chase, Farrah Lewis, and Jackson Jager. If you would like to send them an encouraging note, you may send it to: Camp Shetek, PO Box 141, Slayton, MN, 56172.
No Summer Prayer This Week: There will be no prayer meeting on Wednesday, July 4. Please join us for the next summer prayer meeting on Wednesday, July 11, at 7:30 p.m. All are welcome!
Quarterly Business Meeting: Our next business meeting is coming up in 2 weeks, on Sunday, July 15 at 7:00 p.m. Please make plans to attend.
Sermon Title/Passage & Discussion Questions
Title: Evangelism in the Early Church
- What stood out to you in the service today?
- What are some fears you have in sharing the gospel? Are those fears rooted in truth?
- What methods of evangelism have you personally used, or have seen people use in the past? In what ways do they align, or do they misaligned with the examples we see in scripture?
- Without naming names, share about a friend who is not trusting in Jesus, and explain how you would “contextualize the gospel” in their life.
- Personal Application: Commit yourself to praying daily for opportunities to share the gospel with someone. Then live out your days with the expectation that anyone you come into contact with could very well be the person God has directed your way to hear the good news.