Order of Service
Call to Worship Peter Baudhuin
Songs Death Was Arrested
Christ Our Hope in Life and Death
Message God’s TAG Program, Romans 12:3-8
Preparing Song There Is a Fountain
Call to Witness 1 Corinthians 11:26; Hebrews 9:24-28
Parting Song One Day
Today (February 7)
- Worship Service – 9:30am
- Fellowship Time – 10:45am
This Week (February 8-13)
- TV Service – February 10, 7:00pm
(Local cable channel 12)
- AWANA/FRED Jr – February 10, 6:30pm
- FRED Sr – February 10, 8:00pm
- Women of Faith – Feb 11, 7:00pm
Next Week (February 14-20)
- Worship Service – Feb 14, 9:30am
- Fellowship Time – Feb 14, 10:45am
- Council of Elders – Feb 15, 8:15pm
- AWANA/FRED Jr – February 17, 6:30pm
- FRED Sr – February 17, 8:00pm
- Barbara Patton – February 8
- Blake & Amy Lyon – February 7
- Brendan & Paige Metzger – Feb 14
- Doug & Cassie Honse – Feb 7
- Troy & Billie Jo Sedam – Feb 14
Women of Faith: The quarterly meeting of Women of Faith is this Thursday, February 11 at 7:00 p.m. All ladies of the church are encouraged to attend.
Transgender Book Study: If you signed up for a copy of the book Transgender, you can pick it up in the church office. If you haven’t signed up yet, but would like a copy, please see the sign-up in the lobby. The discussion time for this book will be February 28, 6:30-8:30 p.m. We will discuss the entire book at this time. Cost of the book is $5.
Camp Shetek Registration: Camp brochures are now available on the lobby table. The church is once again offering scholarships to campers associated with Faith Baptist (through church or AWANA/FRED attendance). This year’s scholarship amount is $150 per camper. Please note: Registration is being done differently this year. There is no registration form in the brochure. Instead, registration forms are only available online. If you would like to receive the church scholarship:
- Go to campshetek.com/register
- Click on “A Church Is Helping Me Pay”
- Fill out the clickable form and print it
- Hand in the completed form to the church office along with your check
- Checks should be written to the church for $150 per camper (total registration is $300, minus the $150 scholarship)
- Registrations are due by May 1
Financial Peace University: Blake Lyon will be facilitating this 9-week course at Faith Baptist on Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m., beginning March 1. There is no class on March 15 and the final class will be on May 3. Cost depends on the length of time you sign up for the Ramsey+ feature. Three months plus class materials is $59.99. Six months plus class materials is $99.99. Twelve months plus class materials is $129.99. Flyers can be found on the entry table with information about signing up. Contact Blake with any questions.
Child Care: Amy Lyon will be providing childcare during the FPU classes and is looking for another volunteer or two to help as needed. Contact Blake or Amy if you are able and willing to help in this manner.
Title: God’s TAG Program
Text: Romans 12:3-8
- For by ____________ we have been saved through ____________. And this is not our own doing; it is the __________ of God, not a result of ____________, so that no one may ____________. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for __________ works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should ___________ in them. (Ephesians 2:8-10, Romans 12:3-6a)
- Paul carried out his calling and gifting by the ____________ of God and he judged himself by the measure of ____________ assigned to him by God not his own doing or working. (Romans 12:3, 1 Corinthians 15:10, Romans 1:16-17, Romans 5:1-5)
- We are called and gifted by the ____________ of God and we receive our calling and gifting through the measure of ____________ assigned by God not by our own doing so we must think about ourselves accordingly. (Romans 12:3-6a)
- The body of Christ is marked by the ________________ of gifted individuals, the _________________ of gifted individuals, and the
____________________ of gifted individuals.
- Various graces ______________ to us by One grace and received by us through faith are to be ______________ graciously through faith for the benefit and building up of the body. (Romans 12:6-8, Ephesians 4:11-16, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6)
- If prophecy, in proportion to one’s faith. This is speaking for God according to his word.
- If service, in one’s serving. This is ministering (deaconing) to others according to the word.
- One who teaches, in teaching. This is explaining the word of God so as to give guidance.
- One who exhorts, in exhortation. This is encouraging people to act upon the guidance of God’s word.
- One who contributes, in generosity. This is giving practically to the needs of others based on the generosity of God.
- One who leads, with zeal. This is diligently leading others as one following the example of Christ.
- One who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness. This is cheerfully coming alongside the afflicted to share their burden.
- God’s TAG (Talented and Gifted) program involves all believers. (Romans 12:3-8, 1 Corinthians 12:4-6, Ephesians 4:11-16)
- How was God honored today and/or how were you encouraged in the faith?
- Which believers are part of God’s TAG (Talented and Gifted) program? Do you see yourself as talented and gifted? Why or why not?
- How does the image of the body promote both individual diversity as well as the unity of individuals? How can the church be a people of diversity and unity?
- Charles Spurgeon said, “Grace puts its hand on the boasting mouth, and shuts it once for all.” How does the teaching of grace keep us from boasting in ourselves?
- How is God leading you to respond to today’s service?