Order of Service
Call to Worship Darin Schriever
Songs Blessed Be Your Name
10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)
All Glory Be to Christ
Message Time to Wake Up and Get Dressed!
Response Song #638 I Need Thee Every Hour (vss 1-4)
Call to Witness Galatians 5:13-15
Today (February 28)
- Worship Service – 9:30am
- Fellowship Time – 10:45am
- Transgender Book Study – 6:30pm
This Week (March 1-6)
- Financial Peace – March 1, 7:00pm
- Council of Elders – Mar 1, 8:15pm
- TV Service – March 3, 7:00pm
(Local cable channel 12)
- AWANA/FRED Jr – Mar 3, 6:30pm
- FRED Sr – March 3, 8:00pm
- Game Night – March 6, 5:00pm
Next Week (March 7-13)
- Worship Service – Mar 7, 9:30am
- Fellowship Time – Mar 7, 10:45am
- Financial Peace – March 8, 7:00pm
- AWANA/FRED Jr – March 10, 6:30pm
- FRED Sr – March 10, 8:00pm
- Keith & Shari Kooiker – March 2
- Justus Poppinga – March 4
- Kyle Schrick – March 6
- Tana & Morgan Meyer – Feb 28
- Courtney & Selah Poppinga – March 7
- Jeremy & Cary Jager – Feb 28
- Doug & Cassie Honse – March 7
Transgender Book Study: The discussion time for this book will be this evening, 6:30-8:30 p.m. We will discuss the entire book at this time. If you prefer to join via Zoom, please check the Thursday Update e-mail for the link, or contact Pastor Jeff.
Meals on Wheels: Our church’s turn to deliver meals is coming up! Please see the sign-up sheet on the lobby table if you are able to serve in this way. If you have any questions, please see Rachael McCarthy.
Game Night: Grab your favorite game and a snack to share, and join us this Saturday, March 6, at 5:00 p.m. for our Game Night! We will have sloppy joes and hot dogs, and play games. Invite your neighbors & friends!
Camp Shetek: The registration process for Camp Shetek has begun earlier this year. Due to limitations last summer, we are trying to get our church’s registrations submitted as soon as possible. Please see the back of the bulletin for this year’s registration process, and see Rachael McCarthy with any questions.
Camp Shetek Registration: Camp brochures are now available on the lobby table. The church is once again offering scholarships to campers associated with Faith Baptist (through church or AWANA/FRED attendance). This year’s scholarship amount is $150 per camper. Please note: Registration is being done differently this year. There is no registration form in the brochure. Instead, registration forms are only available online. If you would like to receive the church scholarship:
- Go to campshetek.com/register
- Click on “A Church Is Helping Me Pay”
- Fill out the clickable form and print it
- Hand in the completed form to the church office along with your check
- Checks should be written to the church for $150 per camper (total registration is $300, minus the $150 scholarship)
- Registrations are due by May 1
Financial Peace University: There is still time to sign up for this 9-week course, which begins tomorrow evening, March 1, at 7:00 p.m. Cost depends on the length of time you sign up for the Ramsey+ feature. See Blake Lyon with questions.
Child Care: Amy Lyon will be providing childcare during the FPU classes and is looking for another volunteer or two to help as needed. Contact Blake or Amy if you are able and willing to help in this manner.
Title: Time to Wake Up and Get Dressed!
Text: Romans 13:7-14
- Christians are called to be good ______________ who pay to all what is ___________ to them. (v. 7)
- __________ to whom __________ are owed.
- ______________ to whom ______________ is owed.
- ______________ to whom ______________ is owed.
- ____________ to whom ____________ is owed.
- Christians are called to be good __________________ whose only ongoing debt is to ___________. (v. 8-10)
- Love fulfills the __________.
- Love is to be given to ________, especially to the family of __________________.
- Love is _______________ and __________________.
- Christians are to love in the _______________ as they look to the _______________. (v. 11-14)
- It is time to __________ up.
- It is time to get _______________.
- It is time to __________ properly.
- How was God honored today and/or how were you encouraged in the faith?
- How is “waking up and getting dressed for the day” a metaphor for our Christian life? (see Romans 13:11-14)
- C.H. Spurgeon said, “I believe that one reason why the church of God at this present moment has so little influence over the world is because the world has so much influence over the church.” Could this be applied to our day as well? Why or why not?
- Elizabeth Elliot has said, “Heaven is not here, it's There. If we were given all we wanted here, our hearts would settle for this world rather than the next. God is forever luring us up and away from this one, wooing us to Himself and His still invisible Kingdom, where we will certainly find what we so keenly long for.” How important is it for believers to look forward to “His still invisible Kingdom” while we navigate this world?
How is God leading you to respond to today’s service?