Order of Service
Call to Worship Dave Kooiker
Songs The Lord Is My Salvation
Great Are You Lord
How Deep the Father’s Love
Message Genuine Love Is God-Given Love
Response Song #571 Trust and Obey (vss 1, 3, 4)
Call to Witness John 13:34-35
Today (February 14)
- Worship Service – 9:30am
- Fellowship Time – 10:45am
This Week (February 15-20)
- Council of Elders – Feb 15, 8:15pm
- UGM Tour – February 16, 10:00am
- TV Service – February 17, 7:00pm
(Local cable channel 12)
- AWANA/FRED Jr – February 17, 6:30pm
- FRED Sr – February 17, 8:00pm
Next Week (February 21-27)
- Worship Service – Feb 21, 9:30am
- Fellowship Time – Feb 21, 10:45am
- AWANA/FRED Jr (Store Night) – February 24, 6:30pm
- FRED Sr – February 24, 8:00pm
- Kurt Bosler – February 14
- Dave Kooiker – February 18
- Kurtis Popkes – February 20
- Brendan & Paige Metzger – Feb 14
- Kevin & Judy De Kam – Feb 21
- Troy & Billie Jo Sedam – Feb 14
- Doug & Cassie Honse – Feb 21
Union Gospel Mission Tour: UGM has offered to give a group from our church a tour of their facilities, this Tuesday, February 16, at 10:00 a.m. If you are interested, please see Pastor Jeff.
Transgender Book Study: If you signed up for a copy of the book Transgender, you can pick it up in the church office. If you haven’t signed up yet, but would like a copy, please see the sign-up in the lobby. The discussion time for this book will be February 28, 6:30-8:30 p.m. We will discuss the entire book at this time. Cost of the book is $5.
Camp Shetek Registration: Camp brochures are now available on the lobby table. The church is once again offering scholarships to campers associated with Faith Baptist (through church or AWANA/FRED attendance). This year’s scholarship amount is $150 per camper. Please note: Registration is being done differently this year. There is no registration form in the brochure. Instead, registration forms are only available online. If you would like to receive the church scholarship:
- Go to campshetek.com/register
- Click on “A Church Is Helping Me Pay”
- Fill out the clickable form and print it
- Hand in the completed form to the church office along with your check
- Checks should be written to the church for $150 per camper (total registration is $300, minus the $150 scholarship)
- Registrations are due by May 1
Financial Peace University: Blake Lyon will be facilitating this 9-week course at Faith Baptist on Monday evenings at 7:00 p.m., beginning March 1. There is no class on March 15 and the final class will be on May 3. Cost depends on the length of time you sign up for the Ramsey+ feature. Three months plus class materials is $59.99. Six months plus class materials is $99.99. Twelve months plus class materials is $129.99. Sign-up information is on the lobby table.
Child Care: Amy Lyon will be providing childcare during the FPU classes and is looking for another volunteer or two to help as needed. Contact Blake or Amy if you are able and willing to help in this manner.
Title: Genuine Love Is God-Given Love
Text: Romans 12:9-21
- A ______________ love is a _______-__________ love. (Romans 5:5b; 12:9a; 1 John 4:7-19)
- Genuine love is seen in our relationships within the __________. (Romans 12:9-16; 1 Cor 13:1-7)
- Genuine love is __________________. (vs 9)
- Genuine love is __________________ devoted. (vs 10)
- Genuine love is actively _______________. (vs 10)
- Genuine love is ___________ fueled and thus ___________ focused. (vs 11)
- Genuine love is joyfully ______________. (vs 12)
- Genuine love is generously __________________. (vs 13)
- Genuine love is _________-______________. (vs 14)
- Genuine love is wholeheartedly _________________. (vs 15)
- Genuine love is harmoniously _____________. (v16)
- Genuine love is seen in our relationships within the __________. (Romans 12:17-21; 1 Cor 13:1-7)
- Genuine love does not repay ________ for ________ but seeks to live _________________ and _________________. (vss 17-18)
- Genuine love does not preoccupy itself with ___________________ but leaves it to God while seeking to show _____________ and _____________. (vss 19-20)
- Genuine love does not let ________ win them over but overcomes ________ with the __________ of love. (v21)
- Let this God-given __________ be genuine! Let us ___________ and __________ our Lord in the strength of the Spirit!
- How was God honored today and/or how were you encouraged in the faith?
- What is the source of true love? (see Romans 5:5, 1 John 4:7, 19) Why is it important for believers to remember the true source of love?
- Which description(s) of genuine love left an impression on you today? Why or how?
- R.C. Sproul said, “In the New Testament, love is more of a verb than a noun. It has more to do with acting than with feeling. The call to love is not so much a call to a certain state of feeling as it is to a quality of action.” How does his quote fit with today’s message?
- How is God leading you to respond to today’s service?